Data protection information www.critis2015.org
1. Scope of this Agreement
This data protection information shall apply to the project website located at https://www.critis2015.org/ and all services we offer in context with this project as web services or mobile app providing we refer to this data protection information.
2. Name and contact information of the person who signs responsible for processing and the appointed data security officer
Controller as defined in Article 4 No. 7 GDPR:
zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. [Fraunhofer Society for the Advancement of Applied Research]
Hansastraße 27 c,
80686 München [Munich, Bavaria, Germany]
for its Fraunhofer Institute for Intelligent Analysis and Information Systems IAIS, Schloss Birlinghoven, 53757 Sankt Augustin, Germany
(in the following referred to as 'Fraunhofer IAIS’)
Telephone: +49 2241 14-3000
Fax: +49 2241 14-4-3000
You can reach the data protection representative of the Fraunhofer Institute at the above address, c/o Data Protection Officer or at datenschutz(at)zv.fraunhofer.de.
Sie können sich jederzeit bei Fragen zum Datenschutzrecht oder Ihren Betroffenenrechten direkt an unseren Datenschutzbeauftragten wenden.
Please feel free to contact the data protection officer directly at any time with your questions concerning your data protection rights and/or your rights as affected person.
Alternatively, you may want to send an email to your contact partner Dr. Erich Rome at erich.rome(at)iais.fraunhofer.de.
3. Processing of Personal Data and Purposes of the Data Processing
During Your Website Visit
You have the choice to access our website without revealing your identity. In this case, the active browser on your computing device sends nothing but the automatic information about itself to the server of our website to enable the connection. This includes the browser type and version and the date and time of access. Included in the transmitted data is also the IP address of your device. Our server stores this IP address in a log file and deletes it automatically after four (4) weeks.
We process the IP address for technical and administrative purposes when we establish a stable connection between your device and our server. This ensures the security and functional reliability of our website. In the event an attacker tries to harm our system, the stored data allow us to trace the illegitimate activity.
The legal foundation for processing the IP address is Article 6 para. 1. lit. f GDPR. We have legitimate interests in maintaining the security of our website and in providing trouble-free website services as outlined above.
Processing the IP address of the requesting device in our log file does not allow us to draw direct conclusions on the identity of the website visitor.
In addition, we do NOT use analytics services when visiting our website. For more details, see paragraphs 5 and 6 of this Privacy Information.
4. Transfer of Personal Data to Third Persons
We transfer your personal data to third parties only under the following circumstances:
- You have consented to the transfer explicitly as prescribed in Article 6 para. 1, page 1, lit. a GDPR
- We entered into a contract with you, and the transfer is necessary to execute the contract as prescribed in Article 6 para. 1, page 1, lit b GDPR
- According to Article 6 para. 1, page 1, lit. c GDPR and according to applicable law, we are obligated to transfer the data to a specific third party.
The third party/third parties shall use the transferred data for the specified purpose exclusively.
The transmission/transfer of personal data to a country outside the EU or to an international organisation is prohibited.
We do NOT use server-side cookies. Cookies are small files, which are automatically created by the browser of the user device and stored in your device (PC, laptop, tablet, smart phone or similar device) when you visit certain websites.
We do NOT use web analytics services on our website. Web analytics services are services that can statistically evaluate information about web site visitors.
7. Social Plugins
We do NOT use so-called social media buttons (also called social media plugins) on our website. These are small buttons that allow you to post content on a social networking site under your profile.
8. Your Rights as Affected Person
You have the right
- According to Article 7 para. 3 GDPR, you have the right to revoke any consent declaration at any time, which you have given to us before. This has the consequence that we are no longer privileged to continue the respective activity.
- According to Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to demand information on your personal data, which we have processed. In particular, you have the right to information on the following: Purposes of the data processing - The categories of personal data - the categories of recipients to which we transmitted/disclosed or will transmit your data - the planned storage periods of data - the existence of the right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing and objection - the right to appeal - the right to know the origin of data in the event that we did not collect these data - the right to meaningful and detailed information on the existence of automated decision-making including profiling
- According to Article 16 GDPR, you have the right to the correction of incorrect and/or the completion of incomplete personal data in storage at the Fraunhofer Society
- According to Article 17 GDPR, you have the right to the deletion of your personal data providing the deletion does not interfere with the execution of the right to the free expression of opinions and with the compliance with legal obligations, providing the deletion is not against public interest and providing the deletion does not hamper the enforcement, execution or defence of legal claims
- • According to Article 18 GDPR, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if you contest or challenge the accuracy of these data, the processing of the data is illegal but you reject the deletion of these data and we no longer need the data while you still need the data to enforce, execute or defend legal claims or you have raised an objection against the data processing according to Article 21 GDPR
- According to Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data you provided to us in a structured, well-established and machine-readable format or to demand the transmission to another authority and
- According to Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to complain to a superior authority. As a rule, you may find such authority at your place of residence, your workplace or our company domicile.
9. Data Security
We transmit all your personal data using the generally used and secure encryption standard TLS (Transport Layer Security). The TLS protocol is a proven and secure standard. Bankers use the standard for online banking transactions. You recognise a secure TLS connection by the s following the http (https://...) in your browser URL or by the lock symbol in the lower section of your browser.
By the way, we use suitable technical and organisational safety procedures to protect your data against inadvertent or wilful manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against the unauthorised access by third parties. We constantly improve these security measures as the technology advances.
10. Amendments to the Data Security Information and its Timeliness
This data protection information as amended on May 2018 is currently applicable.
Due to improvements of our website and website offers or based on statutory or government standard, it may become necessary to amend this data protection information. You find the latest applicable data protection information by clicking the link on the following website
You may read or print this updated and amended version at any time.